Johnny made the 5 hour drive to the lake without crying even one single time. He slept a good bit of the way and sang to the radio for the rest of it! The week was wonderful and very relaxing. Bancroft finally got to meet his little Johnny, and between the sun, sand and water, we were all enjoying some time off.Mom's wedding went off without a hitch, other than the minor setback of a park no-alcohol rule they had somehow missed. Everyone dumped their beers and wine into red cups and the cop patrolling the place was none the wiser. Afterward everyone went back to the cabins and let loose.
Things were wonderful for the rest of the week until the evening we decided to take Johnny down to the water for his first dip. I managed to miss a few stairs of the back deck and bite the dust, baby in hand. Johnny practically bounced, but I was freaking out and as worried as can be. Karen called in a friend who is a nurse to check him over. Meanwhile, we realized I had really done a number on my ankle. In falling, I had twisted myself to try and protect the little guy as much as possible and it resulted in a sprain. Needless to say, Johnny will have to wait until next year for his first swim in the "big pond" as his cousins like to call it.
It seemed the excitement had died down until the next afternoon when Johnny Bancroft just about drowned in a rip tide. The coast guard, fire company, cops, EMS and everyone showed up to help. We were rather impressed with their response time, and in the end Johnny was ruled okay. Can my boys please stop giving me heart attacks? I thought that part of life wasn't supposed to start when I'm still this young!
The drive home was rather crazy in 4 hours of intense rain and storm, but Johnny slept the whole way. We couldn't have asked for the times with him in the car to have gone any better. I love my baby boy!
Now we're home and big Johnny is staying with us for a few weeks. It is nice having him around and is so cool to see him interacting with the little one. Having them together under one roof is quite the adventure. I am not looking forward to the army stealing my brother again so soon, but for now I will have to deal with the little time we have left. Hey, who knows? He might just teach the baby a thing or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment