Johnny continues to insist on playing with our iPhones. It doesn't usually really work, but on occasion we have been known to cave and let him scroll through the pictures. This doesn't really promote the idea of "no" when it comes to the insanely expensive toy, but since Steve is unable to help himself, I can hardly see a reason for me to remain the bad guy.Yesterday we broke out the plastic Easter Eggs to let Johnny take apart and play with. It didn't take more than 5 minutes before he was yelling "eggssss!" in excitement every time he found one. Might a traditional egg hunt actually be possible this year? Even before he officially turns a year old? We shall try!
Lately to our amusement, every time we hear Johnny talking or fussing in his room wanting to get up in the morning or his nap, we find him in the corner of his crib with one leg dangling on either side out of the bars. He is always in there kicking like he has his feet in the water off the back of a boat, pretending to splash away! Actually, I am hoping to possibly take him out on a boat this summer, (provided we can get a life jacket in his size) but there is no way that boy's legs will be dangling off any part of it!!! What a little ham.
Currently I am sitting in the living room typing away at the table while Johnny plays on the floor, flipping through his photo album and pointing at all of his relatives. He has identified "GG" and "Risty" as well as "Dada." I'd be offended that I am not mentioned, but there is actually no picture of me in there. We're hoping that he will soon start calling my dad by some name of his own, since currently he thinks he is another "Dada" as a result of the fact that I call him that all of the time. We're working on referring to my dad as "Grandpa" from now on. Its a hard transition after 23 years otherwise!! Even Steve is having a hard time, and he has only called him "Dad" for 2 years now.
I can't wait to get the boys outside in the double stroller and take them for walks. When will the weather stay warm?
No comments:
Post a Comment