
This morning we went to see Dr. Prince again to look into how Johnny is doing. Great news, he's wonderfully healthy and thriving! He is in the 10th percentile for his height and weight, which is amazing for a preemie, and only 1oz off his birth weight. The slightly jaundice look he came home from the hospital with is totally gone. Even better than anything else, we were able to view the test results that finally came in for the Von Willebrands disease... he's in the clear! It's not like it is nearly as much of a problem to deal with for men as it is women, but I'm still glad he doesn't have to worry about it at all and we can go ahead and schedule his outpatient "snip snip"...
The greatest proof I've had in a while that I am indeed one of the whitest women alive is that everyone I talk to seems to think I'm extremely anemic still. We had our WIC appointment today after Dr. Prince's, and I am apparently almost back on track with my hemoglobin levels. I'm not anemic, I'm just uber white! Better yet, I'm not only out of the clear for the anemia, but I am officially only 8lbs over my pre-prego weight! I kind of look like I have an old man's wrinkly belly, but they are saying most of the stretch marks should go away, and I think by the end of this I will probably weigh less than I did going into it. Hooray!
I guess all of this leaves me going back to the normal ins and outs of life. Now that I'm no longer bedridden or huge, I can clean and cook and be "all domestic 'n stuff" again. I think the trash needs to be taken out...
No comments:
Post a Comment