We've been home since last Wednesday afternoon. As you can imagine, life has been very hectic and full of a lot of visitors and trips to meet various friends and family around town. Today we went into Gary's office to give him a chance to show his grandson off to all of his coworkers. The man was in his glory like I've never seen before! I was really glad we got a chance to let him strut his stuff, he very rarely does.
Johnny's first easter was also the one-week mark in his life, which meant baskets from everyone! As most usually contain candy, Steve and I have more sugar than we could possibly ever go through in our house at the moment, and it really isn't promoting the loss of my remaining belly. In a positive light, though I gained 41lbs while pregnant with Johnny, I lost 28 by giving birth. I'm now only 13lbs over what I was pre-pregnancy, and it is all focused in my belly. My goal is to have worked it off by the end of the summer.
There is one question everyone is constantly asking when it comes to the newest member of the Delafield family; do you get any sleep? Yes, indeed, we all do! Johnny has been sleeping through the night since we brought him home. If anything, I get less sleep than the men in this household simply because I have been getting up twice a night to pump. Well, that and I can't help but staring at my little guy as he sleeps... Being a mother is amazing. I can't wait to see what the next day brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment