Friday, April 24, 2009

Lazy Day


This morning Johnny and I took our time getting up. We hung out in our pjs, enjoyed a nap from 10-11, and have slowly cleaned up and started to work our way outdoors. I am excited for the weather to start staying nice! My family's yearly trip to Lake Erie can't come soon enough.

I am absolutely loving being a mother, but I have found a downside to giving birth. Though it is totally worth it to have such an amazing gift as a child, I am rather bummed that I'll never fit back into my pants! My hips widened too much! I'm actually 5lbs under my pre-prego weight, but my hips aren't exactly going to shrink no matter how much weight I lose. I never really had hips prior to giving birth, and Stephen says he likes that I'm more curvy now, but I don't think our budget is too happy about it. I'll have to hit up the Goodwill and see if I can find anything to hold me over until we can save up some money. Then again, it's about comparable to Walmart in price these days...

In other news, Johnny is as much of a musician as his father already. He loves to have something playing in the background 24/7, and is still humming and singing as much as he did when he was born. I know you'd think a kid that young couldn't have preferences in music yet, but he honestly seems to. I have certain genres he wants to listen to at different times during the day, and others he just can not seem to stand. Sleep classical, morning Jars of Clay, afternoon awake time rock, after dinner oldies, and late night classic rock. Too funny if you ask me!

Well, I do believe more outdoor time is in order. Sunshine is really one of the greatest things God ever gave us to lift your mood!

1 comment:

  1. Ok the music thing is hilarious... at least if he's that into music now he might become a fantastic musician later in life... couldn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete