Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day


I kind of feel like it's cheating to have been given cards and gifts for Mother's Day this year... After all, I've only been a mother for a month. Stephen told me that my extremely hard pregnancy and crazy labor were more than enough to prove I was a strong and devoted mother, and those experiences had taken up most of the year anyway. I guess I qualify then!

Johnny (Steve) got me the newest Jars of Clay CD that came out on the 21st of April. With it I also received an autographed cover! I'm really excited about that, but even more so I honestly am touched that Steve thought to get me that CD particular. All through my pregnancy, if I needed to calm down and relax I just turned on my Jars of Clay playlist in iTunes. Ever since Johnny was born, they have provided a foolproof way to calm him down or lull him to sleep. Each morning he and I curl up and turn on the music and snuggle. Now we have the newest installment of songs!

In other news, tomorrow we are trading in the Saturn Ion that Steve has been driving for several years to the Honda dealership and are getting a Fit. Having a dependable car (which the Saturn was not) is kind of important with a new little one. I'm really happy we are going to have another standard, as I hate driving manual. The Fit has a surprising amount of room for how tiny the car is, it's cute, and most importantly it won't break down every ten miles. I can't wait! Johnny approves, though he seems enthusiastic about anything that would make him mobile. He is halfway to crawling, and it is just way too early.

Now if only I could get the boy to slow down...

No comments:

Post a Comment