I just can't believe he is a month old already! We've decided to take a picture every month to mark how much he has grown. To do this, we picked his stuffed animal monkey that his aunt Mindy gave him when he was born, and will be having it next to him in each picture. For this first one, he was totally asleep...In other news, both Johnny and I woke up yesterday morning not feeling too hot. Or rather, feeling a bit overheated in my case... We both have stomach aches and are having a hard time eating much of anything. The poor little guy wanted nothing more than to be held, so Stephen and I have both laid down with him for a while to get him to fall asleep after each attempted feeding. Today was much of the same, after an entire night of sleeplessness. Steve stayed home for the morning in order for me to try and get some rest, and by the time he left for work I'd been out for about an hour and a half. The only good side to Johnny's decreased appetite is the fact that I've finally caught up on milk production. Thankfully, after a day and a half of this horrible tummy problem, he is starting to get his appetite back! I think that for myself on the other hand, a call into the doctor might be in order.
One month. Really? I can't even grasp that fact. In some ways it is like I was pregnant just yesterday, trying desperately to get around in a wheel chair and praying for an early delivery. In other ways it is as though Johnny has always been a part of my life, and I can't imagine life without him. One thing is for sure, I've learned a lot over the past month, and I'm sure I will learn a million times more as the months progress into years and so forth.
Perhaps one of the things I find most interesting is how I really can tell what he wants when he cries. Sure, all babies have different cries for different problems, and if you spend any amount of time with them you can figure it out, but when it is your own child you just seem to pick up on even more. I instinctively know and understand his cues without a second thought. We had him over to visit with family the other day, and though his great grandmother thought he was dying to be fed because he looked like he was rooting around, I told her to just let him see everyone in the room instead of holding him up to her shoulder. Despite her insistence that I was wrong, the minute she finally conceded he fell silent. "I guess your mama knew exactly what you wanted!" Yes ma'am, I did.
One month... wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment