Ummm... that's too old. Johnny can't be 6 months yet. I refuse to allow it! Don't get me wrong, I know I'll be all excited for his first birthday, but for now I want him to slow down. I want to keep my baby as long as I can. I have puppy syndrome, as soon as one starts to get too big I want another tiny one to enjoy that stage all over again! Too bad it will have to wait a few years...I do look forward to his first few birthday parties. I love to plan parties. Holidays complete me.
I've decided that I should list the things my son has learned over the past 6 months and see how far he has come.
Birth - 6lb 90z, 21" and 3.5 weeks premature
3 days - Cried for the first time
4 days - First doctor's visit
4 days - First (real) bath
5 days - Began sleeping through the night
1 week - First holiday (Easter)
2 weeks - Rolled over
1.25 month - 8lb 14oz, 21" ( 30% weight & height)
2 months - 10lb 2oz, 21.25" (25% weight & height)
2 months - Laughed for the first time
2.5 months - Said first words... "Hello" and "Hi"
3 months - 12lb even, 23.5' (16% weight / 20% height)
3 months - Said "Da" but refused to say "Dada"
3 months - Began teething
4 months - 13lb 14oz, 26" (25% weight / 95% height)
4 months - Started eating solid food
5 months - Began pulling feet up to face
6 months - Happy, Healthy, and way too big!
Wow, I didn't realize just how busy we've been. Of course there were a lot of other little things, but those were the highlights. Unfortunately, we were never able to get a weight/height on him for 5 months. His 6 month doctors appointment is in a week, and it will be nice to have an updated figure. No matter what he weighs in and measures at, I'll still think it is too big.
My baby is 6 months old today.
No comments:
Post a Comment