I'm getting pretty bad at updating. The older Johnny gets, the busier our family is! It also seems that the older Johnny gets the more hyper he is. Although this is true of most babies, I don't think I have ever seen one so full of energy as my little boy. I have watched countless little ones in my life and never has one been such a spitfire. My question at this point is hold old a kid has to be before you can put them on Ritalin? Okay-- so maybe not yet. But I definitely think the father's ADHD is manifesting it's self in the son. Yesterday Johnny did a back flip off of Steve's lap. He was sitting there facing his dad, hand in his hand, and then suddenly launched himself backward, arched, and flung around to land perfectly with his feet on the floor. PARENT HEART ATTACK. We both proceeded to tell the baby how horrible the idea was and that he must never ever do it again. Somehow, I'm not all that sure Johnny was listening.
At his doctors appointment on the 5th, he weighed in at 17lb 8oz. That put him right around 30% in the weight category. His 27 2/4" height landed him a little over 75%. The boy just keeps stretching. I was holding him this evening while he was sleeping and was astounded that at birth he was smaller than what is currently the length from his head to his butt. We're going to have a time of it when he starts hitting those crazy teenage growth spurts if this is how fast he's been going to begin with. Steve said the fastest he grew was 4 inches in one summer--3 months? That just has to be painful. There's no way around it.
Lately Johnny has been a lucky boy. His mama has found the way to his heart. To be honest, it's the same as with his daddy... technology. We gave him one of my old cell phones (no battery) to chew on, as well as a computer all of his own.
That's right, Johnny has a computer.
A laptop.
And its a mac.
Ten guesses whose computer it was before now? Yeah, grandpa Gary. A 1992 Powerbook 160 is now all Johnny's to bang on and play with to his heart's content.
Gary needed the hard drive to be disposed of so he gave it to Steve a while ago. Well, Johnny kept trying to commandeer my computer every time he sat anywhere near it, so I finally came up with the bright idea of cleaning the mac and handing it over. Let me tell you, the boy couldn't be happier. All because of Steve's procrastination.
Go team.
No comments:
Post a Comment