Sunday, December 20, 2009

Missing You

Christmas is almost here, and more and more I am noticing how much I am missing so many people. It seems like 80% of the people we are close to and love are at a minimum of several states away. (Award for the furthest goes to Steph Ishler in South Korea!) Johnny in Kentucky, Cat in Colorado, Leta & John as well as Kevin & Claire in North Carolina, Steph Tremblay & Bonnie in Indiana, Bonnie & Carranda in Michigan; why can't everyone live close together? At least within the state or a neighboring one! -- A half-day drive?

I wish I could raise my son knowing each and every one of them as well as I do. It is weird hitting this stage in life where I'm old enough to have seen so many people who are a big part of my life split into a thousand directions. -- This kind of a thing just wasn't a problem as a kid since none of us could go anywhere on our own!

To all of you who we can't be with, the Delafield family wishes you the best Christmas and a wonderful Holiday Season! We love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment