Wednesday, January 13, 2010

23 Years...

Ago? I was born. From now? My baby boy will be a little older than I am now. All of his schooling would be over, possibly including a bachelor's degree. He might be in the armed forces, or getting married, or starting a new job, or having kids... Man, 23 years will go fast. As eager as I was to rush life along when I was younger, the birth of my son has thrown that in reverse. I don't even want him to be as old as he is at only 9 months! I miss the little baby that sang to me all night and depended completely on me. If I'm having a hard time with Johnny crawling and feeding himself, I'm going to be screwed when he starts learning to walk, talk, and God forbid someday have a mind entirely of his own!

My birthday was wonderful. We celebrated at my mom's house in collaboration with Kyle's birthday, Danielle's birthday, and our Christmas. Johnny got to try cake for the first time and was a huge fan. He ended up covering me in it, but it was adorable and I didn't mind the mess at all.

The next day we went out to the Fuji Jade Gardens hibachi for dinner with daddy, Gary, Dotty, Ruth, Elizabeth, and Aly. We had a good time, and then headed back to the house to play some board games before Aly and I headed out to the bar. We enjoyed a laid back evening and got home a little before 1am to find Johnny awake and playing with his grandpa. Apparently no one other than Steve and I can let him fuss in his crib, as Mark, daddy, Christy and several others always need to pick him up. What a spoiled little baby we've got on our hands, let's just be sure and keep things from going to spoiled rotten!

Things in the few days since then have been nice and calm. I've enjoyed several nights at home with the guys watching movies and such. The only bad news of late is that our nice vacuum cleaner has bit the dust. For all the more money we paid for it only 2 years ago, it should still be working. But no, we now have no way of cleaning up all of the cheerios Johnny spreads around. I guess we'll have to see what our options are, and in the meantime borrow from the Brickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment