For the past week and a half we have been taking Johnny to the Chiropractor. I had been seeing him, and he mentioned that babies can benefit from treatment as well... Our copay for Johnny's appointments is only $1, so I decided to go ahead and see how it went. What a wonderful idea! The longer he goes, the better his disposition. The past two days in particular he has been in an absolutely giddy mood. I love it! l recommend it to anyone else with a kid his age. It is so nice to have the little ball of energy skipping the tantrums and just having fun. I can't quite keep up with Johnny as of late, but even just watching him crawl around and play is an absolute joy. I am continually struck by how drastically he has grown and changed in the past few months. Sometimes I'd die to have my itty bitty baby back, and other times I don't know what I would do without the happy ball of sunshine that talks to me and loves to laugh. I know as a mom that I am supposed to be anxious for him to start walking, but I find myself reluctant to really push him toward it. Sure, I help him balance and I walk with him in circles around the apartment, but I can't seem to force myself to encourage him as much as most parents do. I don't want my baby growing up so fast! I don't discourage him, I just find myself letting him crawl everywhere instead of pulling him up to his feet. Sign of a bad mom? I'd like to think not... just a mom who is having a hard time facing facts.
I have all four kids under my roof today. Will has been such a fun addition, I love seeing him and Johnny interact. Now that he is a little more sturdy, they can play on the floor together. Getting all three babies together can be rather hysterical. The other day Johnny and Kelsey kept stealing the same toy back and forth from each other's hands and just scowling. I thought I was going to die! I didn't think to try and get it on video until afterward. Kids are just too funny. I love my job!
The weather has been getting nicer and I'm anxious to take Johnny swimming. For real. It isn't that we didn't take him in the water last year, but this summer we can really splash around. I bought him a lifejacket so that we can even go on a boat if we want! Jeff and Colleen bought him the cutest little water suit (shirt and pants with SPF protection in the fabric) that I can't wait to try on him. Can it be June yet? (Minus the child aging any?)
No comments:
Post a Comment