Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Its been a while...

So we're in Altoona for a few days with my mom. Johnny has decided he just likes being naked more than being clothed, so hes been chillin au natural for most of the day. I finally put some clothes back on the kid a little while ago, mid-dinner.

I think the last thing I mentioned in reference to his vocabulary was that he can say "hello" and "hi," but now we've added "Da" to the list. Really I can't get him to say it twice in a row for "Dada," but we'll keep working on it. He seems to think its really funny to pause and laugh in between. I'm kind of worried his next words will be something like "I don't want to," since that is about the attitude I took as a little one.

God, please slow this kid down.

And don't make him too much like me.

On Friday I took Johnny to a class with GG and I. It was called Praying in Color, and was rather fun, but I was worried I might not get him back to take home with me. Shirley tried to steal him and wouldn't let me feed him his bottle because she was insisting on doing so herself. All of the little old ladies were fussing over him and were very impressed when he behaved for the whole thing. Yes, he is well behaved.... for now. Wait until that kid hits the walking and talking stage, then I'll be screwed.

Good news! I get to go to the chiropractor tomorrow! My back has been so messed up since the pregnancy and I am about ready to keel over every time I need to stand up, let alone carry anything. My lower back looks like someone punched their whole fist into it, it is that dented in. Kind of unnatural looking and it is freaking my family out. We didn't think the state's insurance would cover it, but I called and checked. Hooray, they do! Help at last!

Steve has been kind of M.I.A. this past weekend and will continue to be so for the rest of the work. ARL has so much work for him to do for two projects they're working on at the moment that Johnny and I haven't seen much of him. Of all times to go out of time, I think this week was rather appropriate. Hopefully he will get some good rest when he does get a chance to go home, and I pray he finds a way to make it to his classes every morning before work. Last night he called when he got home at 9:00pm. They don't pay him enough for that, especially for the fact that he is currently working a job WAY above his "student" status that would cost over $100k/year if they were to actually hire someone trained for the position. Oh, how I long for the day when he will finally graduate.

Forecast for the following weeks: two birthdays, 3 weddings, and very little time to breathe between. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment