Today Johnny and I are going to my mama's to help her move out. The lease on their house was supposed to end July 31st, but since the fire caught hold of a good bit of their stuff and the landlord wasn't much help with everything, they're getting out of it early. Christy Michelle is moving in with the Hendersons until she leaves for Penn Tech. I'm still kind of just pretending she isn't ever going to go off to college.GG is picking us up in a little bit to drive us out to Stormstown since Stephen ended up having to work today afterall. Sure, people everywhere get the day off since tomorrow is the 4th, but not Penn State! Oh no, why would they do that? So daddy and Steve are stuck inside.
Last night was pretty cool. Lisa and Tim came over for dinner and we had a good time catching up. Tim can talk a mile an hour just as well as I can, so time just kind of flies and we never run out of stuff to discuss. He is kind of amazed at times when Lisa and I just change subjects mid-sentence on eachother and still understand what is going on. After 18 years or so of friendship, a good 14 of which spent in close proximity of one another, I'd hope as women we could follow one another's thought processes. Men just don't get it.
August 1st is the Geleskie/Howell wedding. I keep saying Lisa should be called Lovey so she can be a character from Gilligan's Island. Anyway, it should be fun. Big huge Catholic wedding, and then a reception at the Ramada in the ballroom. I'm excited to see my childhood friend get married. She is excited I'm bringing Johnny. It's a good trade off from my point of view, as he is kind of attached to my hip for the most part anyway! I'll take him up to the cry room if he gets noisy during the ceremony, and otherwise we are set. His first wedding! -- Poor kid has a mom who loves them, so he will be to a good many in his lifetime. Depending on when his aunts get married, he stands a good chance of being in a few as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment