
The doctors have decided I should have an MRI and start steroids. The great part about all of this? They are doing it because it's just something they haven't tried yet, but still have no earthly idea what is wrong with me. What part of the words baby and steroids just doesn't sound right together? I don't think so people. I'm done! I'll just deal with the dizzy spells and the fainting because I am NOT going to sign your stupid paper waving you from any responsibility if all of these things give my child a third arm or mess up his mind. I've also decided to stop taking all of the strange random drugs they keep giving me because none of them have made anything better and now I'm on a whole pharmacy's worth of medications that aren't classified for taking during pregnancy. I'll be lucky is this baby isn't an alien by the time they're done with me! I mean, I'm already a CT scan (Johnny didn't move for over 24 hours after that) and 3 x-rays in here, let alone an MRI? At least their daily EKGs have no affect on the kid whatsoever!
Meanwhile, the chair is working out really well! Grandma brought me a "transport chair" instead of a wheel chair. The difference is that the one she gave me is much lighter weight, has tiny wheels at the the bottom instead of those huge ones, and is made for people who still generally have use of their legs but just can't be standing. I can putz around the apartment in it pretty easily, as it is skinnier than a wheel chair and I don't have to worry about running into things, and was even able to help Steve cook the other day. Granted, he didn't trust me with a knife or anything remotely hot because of the blurred vision and dizziness, but it was good to help with what I could and direct the rest!
My new project, which is very easy but I have decided to do by hand because I don't think matching me up with my sewing machine right now would be the best idea ever, is making some taggies for Johnny. They are really expensive for just being a swatch of fabric and a little bit of ribbon, so I'm making them myself. When I first found out about them I thought they were the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of, but the one girl I watched for two years became really attached very quickly and used them as her security blanket. Do you know how much easier it is to have a square foot security blanket than a full size one? Especially when you have 3 identical ones and can trade them off and wash them when the kid isn't looking! So yeah, easy project, but time consuming when done by hand so it gives me something to do that feels productive at very least.
Well, I need to go make a grocery list. Stephen's birthday is tomorrow and I'm having him supervise the making of some lasagna. No knives or hot stuff until it's coming out of the oven with that meal, so he should be excited and actually let me make it myself. Daddy is surprising him with lemon meringue pie for dessert instead of cake-- both would much rather have the pie. Maybe I can coerce daddy into cutting veggies and stuff for me so that Steve will relax and let someone else do the work for once. Cross your fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment