Friday, March 20, 2009

The Weekend At Last!


I am SO sick of "testing" and all of the list of repeated questions every single day. My levels and my general habits have not changed drastically since yesterday, and they don't really need to have every single drop of my blood stored in a refrigerator. Or any other bodily fluid while they're at it! I swear, next they'll be asking me to hold on to all of my kleenex for examination. The weekend represents freedom from all of the crazy doctors that think I am a fun science experiment. Although I've canceled all appointments I feel are unnecessary, they still find ways of ordering tons of labs through the simple "baby check-up" appointments.

This baby has had me gaining weight steadily since about 3 months into the pregnancy, but I am astounded that it still is all going only to my belly. I have not gained a single bit anywhere else, other than a little in my chest obviously. My feet even seem to have gone down a size and I can wear my wedding rings without a problem. My mother was over today for a little while and told me that I haven't even hit the last month's weight gain yet, and to expect at least another 10lbs. How that is humanly possible I do not know, as I have officially gained 30lbs all in my stomach! It can't get much bigger than it is right now, I look like someone shoved one of those big exercise balls right on up my shirt! Basketball size was a month ago, how did I get to this? There is really only one baby in there, right doc?

I am hoping that the weather is nice. I know it is supposed to get colder again, but I can't wait for consistent temperatures above 60 degrees! Yesterday it was about 65 and I spent over an hour out on the walkway outside my apartment wheeling back and forth and chatting on the phone in the wonderful sun. If I didn't have to stick to the wheel chair, I would have gone for a walk. However, as we live on the second floor and I have no way of going down the stairs without assistance, I remained on the walkway at the top and managed to annoy about 5 different neighbors in the process. Get over it people, I needed some fresh air!

Speaking of fresh air, I believe that is what I would like most at the moment. Stephen is home, so I am going to see if he is up for a walk. I wonder how cold it is today?

No comments:

Post a Comment