
Pain. It's expected at various times throughout pregnancy, and definitely planned on when it comes time to give birth. Somehow in the mix, it was lost on me that an excruciating hip pain would come and cause me to be doubled over for hours at a time ready to scream. Apparently it is the feeling of my bones realigning themselves to be ready for the birth, though I highly suspect that whoever told them they should do that forgot that they're SOLID and don't exactly move easily, especially once they've been set in the same place for 22 years.
They also don't tell you that if a baby is roughly 4 lbs and you're carrying just right, David Beckham will channel his soul into your child and decide that the baby should be born with a full knowledge of a working game of soccer. Yeah, sure they warn you that the kicking can get pretty excessive, especially if you have what the doctors have labeled as a "hyperactive child," but no one said anything about the little bugger being able to play games such as kick-the-fetal-heart-rate-monitor with such amazing accuracy. Johnny actually has made it fall out of the nurse's hand... several times!
Johnny also has this absolutely adorable way of drumming along with any song playing within a 5 mile radius of where I'm standing. This is always nicely complimented by his father doing the same. Don't get me started on when they decide to go back and forth on my belly. I would have done anything for a non-musical child at this point. AND HES NOT EVEN OUT HERE YET!
Well, I should be off. I need to get a shower and get moving because I have yet another of the thousand and one doctors appointments involved in the process of trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Showering is a much longer and complicated process than it once was, so I have to give myself plenty of time. Come on now baby, let's get moving!
No comments:
Post a Comment