
I really wish Johnny wouldn't grow so quickly. It's not like I want a stunted child or anything, I just wish he would stay tiny forever! He is my first baby, it is going to be hard to watch him get older and bigger so quickly... by the time we get to kid #3... 5... or 12... I'm sure I'll be more well adjusted.
Speaking of more kids, I went today to have the Mirena placed. All is set there, so we are prego-free for the next few years. Well, at least until I get all anxious and convince Steve that it really is desperately important that we keep the children close together in age. That's when I'll run back into the doctor's and reverse the process! Too bad we can't financially handle another kid right away, because I'd much rather just go ahead and start trying for the next one. Believe it or not, I loved being pregnant. All of the health problems aside, I could be pregnant over and over and just love the whole experience!
You can tell the whole pregnancy thing is on my mind a lot still when I've been picking out a name for a boy, should we have another. We are agreed on two girl's names already, so no problem there, but it took us forever to settle on Johnny. In my postpartum brain it only makes sense to be prepared should we ever find ourselves in the same predicament again. Surprisingly we've found one... Abel. I know, it's seemingly random and not a name you run across in every day life. Actually, I don't think I have ever known anyone with the name nor anyone who has met an Abel. If you ask me, it falls right in line with Jonathan. Both were men who missed the limelight in their biblical stories, yet were great examples of obedience. Jonathan is the example of the best friend a man could have, saving David from certain death. He was obedient by bending without question to God's will for David to take Jonathan's rightful place as king. Abel was the first example of true obedience in the Bible and gave to the Lord his very best, and died as a result of his giving. In the end, I think I'll keep sticking to the biblical names for my boys.
Anyway, that is all totally off subject really. As I have just said, we are now certain not to have another kid for a few years, much less have the ability to know if the next one is a boy or a girl. I'm just... crazy. Postpartum hormones and insanity all add up to this instinctive gravitation toward pregnancy all over again. I never understood why a woman would want to get pregnant again right after giving birth. Now I know that it is something you couldn't possibly fully appreciate without having had a child yourself. I understand that even then it is a small percentage of us moms that are that nuts, but I am not the only one to ever say "lets go again" right after poppin' one out!
Back to the real world...
Johnny and I will be going to my mother's for an early weekend, Thursday-Saturday. It should be a nice getaway from State College, and I am really glad it will give Steve a chance to relax. He plans on having some friends over on Thursday and possibly again Friday night, and I wouldn't be surprised if he spent the majority of the day on Saturday at Justin's house with the guys. Poor Steve more than deserves some sanity time, and I couldn't be happier that he will finally have a chance to play his video games and be all geeky without having to worry about a crazy wife or baby boy. After everything he has been through the past few weeks, it's his turn.
For now I plan on taking tomorrow nice and slow since it's the first day this week without 3 or 4 appointments. It will be great to stay home and just chill with Johnny. I love lazy days.
No comments:
Post a Comment