
Happy 2 months kiddo! -- Really? Already?
Johnny and I are with my mom for an early weekend, Thursday-Saturday. We have enjoyed going to the mall, doing some other shopping, watching movies, playing cards, and cooking. Last night I taught Kyle how to make my chocolate chip cookies, and in the process found something I wanted to tweak about my recipe that made them even better! I always mess around with my recipes a good 10 times or so until I have them how I like them, but that was the first time I've touched that one in over a year because I'd thought I had it down pat. Just goes to show what can happen when you're missing an ingredient and your creative side takes over!
Though I have a pack n play set up in the room with me here, I haven't been putting Johnny in it simply because the bed is so big I might as well just keep him on it with me. My sleep habits really haven't been getting any better, and in the past few days may have actually taken a step backward. I got about 2 1/2 hours last night. I guess I am doomed to forever deal with the sleep cycle of a giraffe.
Grammy bought Johnny a really cute outfit yesterday while we were out shopping. A dress shirt and khakis with little frogs all over them! I can't wait to see them on him, but the smallest we could find was 9months, so we will have to wait a while. Too adorable though, I'm excited! She also got him some more socks, as he was in desperate need and none of the stores in State College sell ones small enough for his feet!
Tomorrow we are going to get our hair cut and show Johnny off to her friends. Then will spend some more time hanging out before going back home in the evening. As much as I love the bed I'm sleeping in, I will really like being back in my own! Something about the familiarity and comfort of what you're used to is just too important to miss out on for long, even if you're not sleeping a whole lot. That, and I'd like my book selection back. I've just got one here with me and finished it last night.
I wonder if Steve will read The Dante Club to Johnny and I when we get home?
No comments:
Post a Comment