Tomorrow Johnny will get to meet his (great) aunt Ann. She is flying into State College briefly to meet up with her best friend and they are headed off to the Poconos for the girl's wedding... at least, that is my understanding of the situation. Either way, GG is stopping by after lunch and picking Johnny and I up to go to the airport. I don't know how long we will have to hang out, but I'm glad Ann will get to meet him while he is still this little, as the next time we will see her is mid-August. It is hard to believe that Johnny will be 4 1/2 months by then!!!Reflecting on today, I had a bit of a hard time. Poor Johnny is just now finally starting to get over the thrush he has been battling for over a week now, but he still isn't feeling well. I myself am still sick, and adding that to a sick kid, things were just a bit rocky. Nothing really in particular happened that was bad, it just wasn't exactly a good day. This evening however was great! We had Mindy and Matt over for dinner, (pot roast, Steve made it) and got some good footage of Johnny talking and dancing with his aunt. We are so glad she has been able to make it over more often lately, she is so much fun!
Both Johnny and I are missing his aunt Christy right now. She is away on her "senior week" trip to Raystown with her friends, and although it is no big deal having a few days without her around, it kind of is setting us up for how things will be in the fall when she leaves for college. I can tell Johnny is noticing the difference too because he starts to cry every day at the time she would usually walk in the door. He also doesn't like it when anyone but Christy tickles him and gets mad at everyone else who tries. We're having early seperation anxiety.
Maybe both of the aunts will be interested in joining us for spring break next year?! We are thinking of looking into a trip to the Outer Banks. Including tax, I've found a cabin for right around $500/week. Sounds fun if you ask me!
No comments:
Post a Comment