Today was rather fun. Steve, Johnny and I went to Aunt Cheryl's so that she could finally meet the little guy, and then we went swimming! Johnny wasn't sure what he thought of the water, but once he warmed up to the idea he seemed quite happy. Meanwhile, it gave me a chance to catch up with Cheryl which was really cool. I wish we could get together more often, things have just been really crazy over the past year for both her family and mine. Hopefully life will slow down a little now, but who ever really knows?Cheryl was wonderful enough to shed some light on a much-debated subject when it comes to Johnny... his red hair! Apparently her grandfather was a redhead! So Johnny's great great grand-dad was a ginger too, and that is where he gets it from. Good to know, since no one was really sure how he ended up with it. His aunt Mindy had strawberry blonde hair as a baby, but turned white-blonde. His dad and his grandpa Gary both have red facial hair, but now we have a through-and-through full head source. Too bad Steve doesn't remember his great grandfather's real name because he only knew him as Pap Pap...
Anyway, this week seems to be shaping up. Elizabeth was here for most of yesterday and we had a blast watching movies and catching up. Since she is off for the summer, we are hoping to go together with Johnny for more days at Cheryl's pool, as well as have some more movie marathons. In the meantime, she plans on coming over for dinner tomorrow night!
I was talking off-hand to Lizzie yesterday about our most recent problem of Johnny still not fitting in diapers any bigger than the newborn size. Since we are kinda broke, he has been having to deal with size 1 even though they are way too big for him, and I was telling her how funny I found it that his legs are still so skinny and that they fall right off of him. Well, leave it to Elizabeth, she showed up a few hours after leaving for the evening with not one, but TWO huge boxes of Pampers Swaddlers newborns. She really is a blessing. Remember that Johnny... your aunt Lizzie supplied you with diapers that actually fit, so you better be nice to her!
Well, tonight's plans are pretty laid back, as there are none. It is the second time since Johnny was born that it is only the three of us for the evening, so we are kind of excited to be just our own little family unit. I don't know what is up for dinner, but I am getting hungry so I think I will go see what we have in the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment