Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Start of the Summer

Finally the weather has started to act like it's really mid-June. Imagine that... consistent temperatures above 65? Really?

Christy's graduation was Saturday. The ceremony was long and boring, as usual with State High, but the party afterward was a lot of fun. Johnny got passed around to just about everyone there, most of whom I'd never met before and will never see again. No idea who everyone was, as it was a joint party for 4 kids. Mandie, Christy's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend, stole Johnny for a while and I wasn't sure I'd get him back before the end of the day. She decided she wants to keep him for now until she can have her own kids. Brian's dad told her not to get any ideas, he isn't ready to be a grandpa. I don't blame him, his son Billy is only 19!

The Clarks and the Millers all made it to the party, so it was the first time any of them met Johnny. Aunt Karen held him for about an hour and a half, so I'd say they got along just fine. She is looking forward to spoiling him at the lake in August. Even Mark hunted us down while at the part specifically to see Johnny, though he can see him any time he likes. He is too cute, I love my grandpa!

Johnny and I tried out his new shade tent on Sunday when Aly invited us over to her dad's to swim. The water was too cold for Johnny, so I didn't try the whole first-time thing just yet, I let him nap or chill with Stephen while I was in the water. Daddy came and joined in the fun and we had a BBQ with the Lewis crew. It was a nice end to the weekend.

Sunday night arrived however, and Johnny started to get sick. He puked more fluid than I thought his body could actually physically contain, and after getting a bath and puking some more, he really had us worried. He also had a low-grade fever. My mom told us to keep an eye on him and to pinch him every so often to see if his skin relaxed right back down or stayed a little doughy. If it did, it meant he was dehydrated and we'd have to take him right to the ER. Thankfully the little guy did start to feel better, and by morning everything was okay. Mom and dad survived their son's first sick day... I'd say we weren't too bad! Especially since I myself was running a fever. Yesterday morning I got into the doctor since I still wasn't feeling well and was put on an antibiotic for an ear infection. Hooray!

Last night we went to Grandma Yingling's for dinner (we brought steak & potatoes) and to do laundry. Johnny got to see Rush Hour for the first time, which is good because Jackie Chan is an actor his father loves and whose movies he owns a ton of. I have to say, I'm a fan. I always have been... but it was crazy a year or so ago to find out the guy can actually sing too! Random I know, from a martial arts stunt guy, but rather interesting. Anyway, we had fun. Tonight? Rush Hour 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment