One year ago I married Stephen.One year ago my family took bets on how long it would take for a child to enter the equation.
Though their bets varied, every single one of them placed the birth prior to our first anniversary. Today Johnny is 2 months and 23 days old. Oh, the changes we have gone through in just one simple year!
Yesterday afternoon we dropped Johnny off with Grammy and Chris. Steve and I proceeded to celebrate our anniversary with a wonderful meal at Olive Garden, courtesy of a gift card from his parents, and then returned home for a child-free evening of movies and time together without any responsibilities. We stayed up late, talked for hours on end, and slept in this morning.
Today we took our time getting up, and had waffles for brunch. We made the 12:30 showing of Angels & Demons, courtesy of gift certificates from Elizabeth, and proceeded from there to Altoona to pick Johnny back up. Let me just tell you, as much as I loved the time alone with my husband, that was the LONGEST 24 hours of my life! I've never been away from Johnny for that long, and though I knew he was perfectly safe where he was, it was a lot to handle as a new mom! It didn't help that at dinner last night we were sat next to a table that had a 5 week old baby. I spent half the time staring at the little one and her mom, and even Steve was talking about how he wishes we had their car seat because it was of better design than our own.
Now that I've had some time to cuddle and chat with my own little guy, I'm feeling a lot better. He has just fallen asleep in his swing. It's batteries are dead, again, for the 10th time in less than 3 months, and we have returned to pushing it by hand. After not having him here, I hardly minded rocking it myself.
Tomorrow brings back the real world, but for now I'm happy just laying next to my two boys and falling asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment